We invite all men to attend:
Our 28th Chesapeake Men’s Gathering
14, 15, 16 September, 2018
Prince William Forest Park, Triangle, Virginia
We, the Men of The Leadership Council, are excited and pleased to announce the selection of Cabin Camp 2 in the Prince William Forest Park (in our Nation’s National Park system) near Triangle, Virginia as the setting of our 2018 Chesapeake Men’s Gathering! We have confirmed reservations from the National Park Service for this beautiful campground.
What to Expect
Go to our What to Expect page to help you understand more about our Gathering.
Things to Bring
Sleeping accommodations are on twin beds with mattresses and box-springs in the camp cabins. No bunkbeds.
We strongly recommend that you bring the following items:
- A flashlight for every participant with extra batteries.
- Bedroll or sleeping bag and pillow for your bed.
Twin sized sheets will fit the mattresses.
- Be prepared for extreme weather: from hot to cold or both!
- Toiletries (soap, towel, etc.).
- Rain gear, a sweater or jacket.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Earplugs, if you are bothered by snoring.
Some items that can make the weekend more fun:
- Drum, percussion or other musical instruments – there will be group drumming for those who care to join.
- Your own poetry, and/or your favorite poetry.
- Sacred objects to personalize the weekend such as totems, banners, walking stick, pennants, etc.
- Games and beach toys for boys (and men, too)
Things NOT to Bring
For your safety and the safety of others, the following are NOT PERMITTED during the weekend:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Weapons of any sort
- Pets (with the exception of animal assistants when needed)
- Candles (due to fire hazard)
- Picture taking without the express permission of those persons being photographed (or their guardians in the case of boys)
- Voice recording or video recording without permission.
Please do not bring personal audio and video devices.
- We encourage you to leave your cell phone off and in your car.
- If you do have a cell phone with you in the camp, please turn it off or set it to silence during workshop presentations and group gatherings.
There are a very limited number of half-price workstudy scholarships available on a first come basis. If the conference is a financial hardship, contact span class=”greenemphasis”>Kent Hudson for details at 804-221-7169 or email@example.com.
Boys Are Welcome
Boys are encouraged to attend with their fathers or other male adult guardians.
The recommended minimum age is 5 but younger boys have attended in the past.
Responsibility for Minors
Childcare will not be provided. Adults who bring minors must sign for, supervise, and take responsibility for the minor’s behavior. Given this responsibility and the lack of dedicated childcare, men who bring boys are unlikely to be able to participate in all workshops and activities.
Activities for Boys and Teens
- There are group activities planned for boys and teens during the weekend
that will require volunteer adult men to assist the activity coordinator.
- There are other times during the weekend when men can volunteer to supervise
a group of boys.
- If you would like to volunteer to assist in planning events for boys
and/or assist with events during the weekend:
» » Please email Kent Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone him at (Voice: 804-221-7169).
Sign up for workshops is on a first come-first served basis. You will have an opportunity to sign up for workshops when you arrive at the camp.
Presenting a Workshop
What knowledge, skills, or experience do you have to share? If you would like to present a workshop at camp or discuss an idea contact Kent Hudson at email@example.com.
We are planning to construct a temporary Classical 7-circuit labyrinth that will be available throughout the weekend.
General and Medical Release
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a general and medical release.
Greeting and Orientation
Help greet and orient a new man to camp, get settled, learn about the weekend, meet other men. Volunteer an hour of time between 4 and 9 pm on Friday evening.